View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 07:10 PM   #6
Blaise W OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 557
Tony Huegel has come thru for us and put together routes for a great ride. It's a little different from the original so I'll just stay that it's been fine tuned. Problem is there are so many optional routes that it will be difficult to choose between them. Tony has been absolutely great to work with and if anyone else is contemplating a ride in that area I recommend him. We are going to have one day that extends 330 miles without a gas stop, so if someone comes across three sets of bleaching bones and a trio of dead bikes, just remember where you read this! I think DockingPilot mentioned a 260 mile day, and that worried me a bit. Ooof, another 70 miles! I think we will have less than a half gallon spare even carrying 2 gallon Rotopax.

I picked up a stack of Benchmark Recreational Maps too, and they are very detailed. But, after looking closely at some of the areas we rode on the TAT last year, it is still difficult to pick out the routes since some are just little thin red lines. I hand it to Tony and to Sam Correro for making the effort to put these routes together for all of us.

Ken
Blaise W is offline   Reply With Quote