View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #9
Blaise W OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 642
D606's have always treated me right, and this trip has very little pavement as far as I can tell. I get 3K out of the rear on my WR250R, but the Husky has much more horsepower, and one has to be judicious with the throttle hand or the tire gets thin pretty quick. I'll just keep an eye one it and if need be will order a tire and have it shipped ahead. MC Superstore is very fast on tires! This is probably not the trip to go experimenting. The Heidi's or Mefo's sound interesting, but as One Less sez, NFG in sand or mud. With luck we won't have a lot of that, but we are at the end of the rainy season and who knows.......

One thing I have done is to get some boots that are in theory at least more water resistant. I got oh so tired of wet feet on the TAT. In fact, I lost my good humor completely at least once that way. But, when you go swimming with full gear I don't suppose any boot will keep your feet dry. I'll settle for little to no leaks on the stream crossings. My Gaerne Balance's took at least two full days of sunshine to dry, and that was without my feet being in them. Trying the Sidi Adventure Rain's this time. Fingers crossed.
Blaise W is offline   Reply With Quote