View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #330
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,007
from the 9 bike "Adventure" bike test from MOTOCICLISMO Italy....

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...9#post18193869

On road day 2

Quote:
The Kawasaki Versys 1000 there has been tearing her hair for her beauty and for its finish, let's face it, but when it's time to exchange the bike is one of the most popular: the engine drives well, has a great character, but lacks nothing in terms of performance, and its chassis is the most balanced and neutral in circulation. .
My translation...

Only Mrs Kawasaki could bear the looks but very popular on the bitumen amongst the testers for balance and neutral handling.

Day 7

Quote:
With equal punctuality Ducati Multistrada 1200 S excites us only until they turn into corners "curvini". It is a very stable, powerful, incredibly fast, but is a little 'busy in mixed close, not particularly quick in changing direction and not even very effective at close curves.
The exact opposite of the KTM 990 SM-T, for example, exaggerated in the narrow and certainly not a reference to the quick.
The Kawasaki Versys seems rather a merger between the two: on the fast beautiful, beautiful Strait.
My Translation...
The Ducati is fast, exciting stable powerful, but is a bit on edge, and keeps you on your toes, not great in the tight stuff. The SM-T is gutless, unstable, [just exaggerating folks ] easy, but it likes the tight twisties.

The Kawasaki is somewhere in between.

Very interesting...

Cheers
Graham

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten

GrahamD screwed with this post 03-16-2012 at 08:45 PM
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote