View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
Mobius 9 Prelim route

NOTE: ...revised 3/30/2012 with helpful feedback, and new intel. This is our FINAL DRAFT, loaded onto our 60/76csx's and what we will be attempting to ride. Same general route, but now fully scouted on Google Earth to make sure something exists on the ground that might be a road or trail. I'm using the Garmin 24K topo maps (ID-North Central, OR+CA+NV-West, and UT-Southwest), except where noted, then I used the Topo 2008 maps. Routing is set to "Follow Road" "Shortest Distance", all "Avoid" options are unchecked. While on Topo2008, routing is direct, point-to-point from buoy to buoy (the icons -- not actual buoys, it's the desert, ya'know)

Because of the variation in how different computers & GPS units auto-route, I've converted the routes to tracks, and uploaded them as well. We HAVE NOT ridden this route... they are computer-generated tracks only, please don't presume this route is passable -- there may be locked gates, private property, washed out roads, or snowed-in passes. I will post our actually ridden tracks when we return.
--------------------------

Originally posted 3/19...

ID falls south to Tour of Idaho T2, following it
west to Oregon, continuing to Crater Lake (I know, east rim will still be snowed in),
Southeast through CA to Gerlach, then across the Great Basin, via Pony Express and east to Bunnyville salt flats, then
North of Great Salt Lake past the Golden Spike, then North to pick up the start of Tour of Idaho T2,
Back to Idaho falls.

2156miles.

May 11-29.

pt's 1-4 attached.
Attached Files
File Type: gpx M9 ID & WY.GPX (1.86 MB, 126 views)
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space

DR. Rock screwed with this post 03-30-2012 at 09:15 AM
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote