View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 05:06 AM   #48
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestlaw View Post
Nice!
I've been contemplating adding GPS to my SV650s and I think I am going to try the model from Ram-mount. They make a mount specifically for sv650s and a universal holder that will hold my iphone while in the otterbox. Not waterproof, though.

Also, I'm looking at the tomtom or magellan apps. Haven't looked into navigon much. Anyone use the tomtom or magellan apps?
From what I hear, the Ram-mounts are the way to go. I was planning to eventually put a dedicated GPS system onto the bike... But with how well the iPhone is working, I'm not so sure I'll actually add a GPS unit anymore.

I've never used either of those apps. However, I have a Tomtom for my car and love it. I really don't have any real complaints... Of course, I don't use it very heavily. I also have a Magellan handheld unit, and it is a huge piece of junk. The interface is very clunky, I had many software problems, and their customer service is all overseas and worthless. Magellan has the absolute worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. I can't ever remember being more frustrated dealing with a company than I was with Magellan. I will never buy a single product of theirs again, and encourage others not to as well, after having to deal with their 'customer service' department.

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote