View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 01:02 PM   #53
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TheQuadShop View Post
I have tried Navigon, TomTom and Megellan. The Navigon (owned by Garmin) app is the best of the 3 for sure.
I have not experienced the freeze up that Max384 has, mine has worked flawlessly in the 3 years that I've been using it. Before someone even says it, you do not need a cell signal to use these GPS apps, they cache all of the maps in the phone memory, pick up your location with the phone's GPS chip and will work anywhere reguardless of cell signal.
Live Traffic is well worth the in app purchase too.
To be fair, my app freezing issues may be due to my phone needing updates, not necessarily the app (though, this is just a guess). It hasn't been updated in nearly a year. I have a new computer and haven't gone about making that my new main itunes library for my phone (or whatever Apple refers to it as). My one big beef with Apple is that it's such a pain to sync apps if you use more than one computer.

It's good to hear that you've tried those others and like Navigon the best. I haven't found a good enough reason to want to purchase another GPS program, but it's always good to hear I made a wise purchase.

Pennsylvania to Newfoundland Ride Report
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote