View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #101
Gregky
n00b

Oddometer: 7
I finally got out and spent a few days in my size 48/13 G-Midlands. I wear a 47 in most Sidi boots and this is my first pair of Gaerne boots. First off, a big thanks to Atomic-Moto, great customer service!
My first day in these was spent on gravel and backroads. I spent 9 hours in them on day one. By far the most forgiving boot I have ever worn for "day one" comfort. Excellent fit and no hot spots or discomfort. Great support for the type of riding I do (mostly gravel, fire roads, limited single track on WR250R and wee-Strom). Very comfortable to walk in and I expect them to get better with time. Although I have yet to submerse them totally, they are quite splash proof. The two buckle design fits me well. I have a very large calf and many boots with an upper buckle are uncomfortable for me. The velcro closure is at the last third of what is available when snugged on my calf but has stayed put with no signs of movement. So far, I have no complaints at all. I cannot imagine a better dual purpose boot. Perfect compromise between support and comfort for me.

GregKY
Gregky is offline   Reply With Quote