View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #2938
Bails
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubulchain View Post
Is this bike well sorted at low rpm's from the factory these days? Looking at the forums and it seems like some people have done ecu work but then also that Ducati has made adjustments. Gonna put a serious dent in the buying experience if I end up spending 20k to then find I have to put additional money into tuning just to have it run right at regular street rpm's.

Some people love to do ecu work and are trying to get more of something out of it and that is great. I just want a smooth engine (for a twin). Will I get that out of the box?
I would not say the Tuning below 4k is well sorted. Typical trying to meet emission standards. Runs the same as my BMW r11s, Buell XB12X with jerky constant throttle due to Closed loop fuel control turning fuel on and off based on O2 sensor inputs. I have put FatDucs on mine and has imporved 95% so is now rideable at low speed constant throttle.

I have owned mine 12 months now, nice bike to ride, engageing , not well finished, I looked at a new model the other day and still has unrefined finish. If you are buying as upright sportsbike you will not be dissapointed. If you are after adventure style bike, by the GSA !