View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #874
brewtus OP
Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffS77 View Post
oh and you got a GYRO ?? cool a buddy of mine just picked up a Honda Express SR...another odd bike...Honda made some cool stuff in the 80's
Yeah, I still have my pitbike Gyro. In fact after reading this post, I dug it out for the first time in almost 3 years and revived it with the help of a battery charger and some Sea Foam.

Sunfaded, covered in dust from sitting under a cover on the back porch for 3 years -

That's my old GPz550 streetbike/racebike/streetbike in the background, AKA Track Dog.

Looked pretty good after a wash -

Doesn't everyone have Dunlop TT91's on the front of their Gyro's (a roadrace compound tire made for YSR50's)?? -

I had this plate for years in my toolbox, came off of a trade-in from R&S Honda. It matched the color scheme of the Gyro, and matched the era of the scoot -

The keyfob that came with the bike when I got it. No lie -

After a Sea Foamed carb and a battery charge, Miss Bitters commandeered it for a quick ride -

And then I beat on it like a rented mule -

The rear tire does not smoke like it used to. Can't imagine why as its now 26 years old, and has the rubber compound of granite.

At the end of the day, the 'ol Gyro survived and still provided in the way it used to all those years ago -

Another shot, this time without the 1989-era bungee net (again, no lie) -

Yeah, its not a Trials bike. No, I don't care. It was fun to goof off with my old pit bike again. A lot more is scheduled for the upcoming year.
brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote