View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #6
muddyrabbit OP
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,733
Bahia de Asuncion

If you are in Asuncion, the place to stay is with Shari and Juan! Juan is a local, and Shari is a Canadian expat (you'll notice a pattern about the B&B's and Canadians in Baja...) who originally came down to study whales. 20ish years later (I'm sure she will correct me if I'm wrong) Shari is still running whale tours, Juan does fishing charters, and they both do a lot of research on ceviche recipes and lobster dinners. They have some single rooms for rent at their main house, the "Blowhole B&B" and several houses you can rent as well. They are just some of the coolest people we met in our travels. Besides taking care of travelers who wander in Juan is also part of the local rescue squad, and there is just a constant flow of locals and other expats coming through their place. Super bike friendly, I really liked the beach house we got that had a concrete pad perfect for doing some maintenance on the bike. Not that I bothered, but I thought about it. We stayed in this one:

On their website you will find email addys and phone numbers, including a US number:
www.bahiaasuncion.com/
Shari is also here on ADV, and needs a good kick to get a bike.

Honestly I can't say enough about how nice the accommodations were, or what wonderful helpful people Shari and Juan are. One of the best things Shari had for us? A washing machine! We left her place with everything fresh. Oh, she takes Pay Pal, which we found helpful as we were low on cash.

muddyrabbit screwed with this post 03-25-2012 at 04:04 PM
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote