View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #54
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasttrak View Post
I did receive the unit on the 20th, have had no time to load anything to it beyond 24K topo west. That ate up about 50% of the 2 gig card. Some time this next week I will load up NT 2012 and see what I end up space wise. The item was shipped in a hard jewel case and arrived in good order.

Visual inspection of the PCB and memory module shows cleaner solder joints than was on the Garmin memory card. At this point I am happy with the purchase as my only options were to purchase a 512 meg card for damn near the same price and on twenty-five percent of the storage capacity. Seemed like a slam dunk to me if everything arrived in good order and functioning properly. I will update as soon as I get a chance to fully load the card and check that both map sets are fully accessibly from the 276.
K.B.
So....how many map segments was there in the 24K TOPO West? Is it correct you had to take the "case" from a Garmin memory stick, and put this "bit" into it? I have a 276C as well, but am concerned the 276C's map segment allowance will run out well before all the memory (1 gig or 2??) is used up.

Ed
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote