View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #55
Fasttrak
Captain Crash

Oddometer: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed@Ford View Post
So....how many map segments was there in the 24K TOPO West?
Absolutely no clue as I did not count them as I loaded the memory card. I am sure it is in the online brochure for 24K Topo West.

Quote:
Is it correct you had to take the "case" from a Garmin memory stick, and put this "bit" into it?
Yes, you get the PCB and have to unscrew one torx bit, remove the old PCB and install the new one. I believe it took me longer to find my micro screwdriver set than it took to actually swap the PCB's.

Quote:
I have a 276C as well, but am concerned the 276C's map segment allowance will run out well before all the memory (1 gig or 2??) is used up.
Well, as far as map segments go, you have basically one option and that is to compile them into larger blocks to get around this series of Garmin's limitations. I have zero use for that so it was never even a consideration for me. I need most of Nor Cal down through Central Cal and out to Nevada and Arizona. In the end I will be using several different maps so hoping each map set is a different beast to tackle. Should have time this Thursday to spend with the unit and will post back my results. It is a 2 gig memory module, one module on the top of the PCB and nothing on the bottom, unlike the stock memory card.

K.B.