View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 04:00 AM   #13
biggus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 375
I have the HDB Handguards and Top Clamp as well with the 2" HDB Risers. Well only have the risers and top clamp installed since the guards were fighting me so much and I did not have a vise to bend them to fit.

Well I ended buying the 2" Rox Risers and the RC High Bend Bar to do the same as the OP.

I dug out the old bottom clamp and clamped the Rox to it just to find out how high of a rise I would get using the stock bottom clamp. Ends up being 3" from bottom of clamp to center of bars. That is 1" higher than the HDB riser.

The problem is the stock bottom clamp flares out and pushes the hole centers apart for the HDB Top Clamp. This needs to be ground flush so the Rox Risers can come together allowing the HDB Top Clamp to line up.

Have other OCers had this problem? The bike is an 06 950s. Have the Bottom Clamps changed over the years?

Anyone have pictures of the actual set up showing the Bottom Clamp, Rox Risers and HDB Top Clamp bolted up?

I also have CJRACER's Solid Clamp for the risers which I wanted to use but this also spreads the Rox Risers apart not allowing the top clamp to bolt up.

Thanks,
Jim

biggus screwed with this post 03-28-2012 at 04:07 AM
biggus is offline   Reply With Quote