Thread: XR 600 Project
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #8
Motomechanic OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
This carb will go later in favour of a flat slide (kiehin fcr or mikuni not sure yet) just wanted to get it going for a test run. I got my brother to come round and kick it over for me and she fired up easily and seems to run fine. Gave it a good rev tune with no muffler on and then knew I was keeping this thing.
Had a good look over the bike and found a few more problems. The gear lever is welded onto the selector shaft and the gearbox output shaft has a flogged out spline where the front sprocket runs.[IMG]http://

Photobucket

[/IMG]
Just making a list of parts needed for now and ordered only a full gasket and seal kit. I've calculated on spending about $1000 to $1300 on parts for the engine. This includes a new carb and big bore kit most likely 630cc. But i'll work it all out once the engine is stripped and assed. Needless to say i'll be doing all the machining and mechanical work on this project it'd be a $20,000 bike if i didn't.

Thanks for the comments scott. I used to live near the sunshine coast in Queensland and miss the awesome roads and trail riding in the region.
Motomechanic is offline   Reply With Quote