View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 11:16 PM   #201
John Nash
Bluenoser

Oddometer: 148
April BRP trip 2012

Leaving April 20th with a buddy from Albany NY. I have done this trip the past two Aprils stopping in Otter Creek then Asheville in 2010. I stayed at Cherahola MC campground / Tellico Plains in a cabin for 5 nights.Buck was running the place at the time for the owners.Does anyone know if they are still operating? Last year it was for sale I heard. Nice cabins & very reasonable price.Last year I left home at noon and did Skyline south to 33 west to visit friends in Franklin,WV overnight. My ride to Asheville NC started the day from Franklin WV to Bonna Vista (BRP) Virginia.It was sunny in the 60's crisp and cool, my type of weather.I counted about a handful of cars all day on the BRP.Only saw one ranger, which made me pucker as I was doing about 20mph over the posted speed limit all day. IMHO spring is the best time of year for cooler weather and to enjoy everything in bloom.Summer there are way too many cars and RV's. MC's are no fun going slow and passing all the time is a real PITA. Thanks for posting all the pictures and information.The BRP is one of my favourite roads in the USA and probally the best all day road on the east coast.
John Nash is offline   Reply With Quote