View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 07:19 AM   #35
Jonny042
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by laser17 View Post
The nice thing about the Reiger is that it has adjustable rebound damping control - so when you put on the HD spring, you can tune the shock accordingly (add rebound). Reiger has a shock spring weight chart as well as a fork revalve / oil height guide that comes in very handy. Stu at Jackscycles stocks some of the common HD Reiger springs and has done a couple fork revalves to the Reiger spec as well. The initial feedback seems to be very high. Reiger and GasGas are developing some really neat suspension upgrades. Stu has a new "factory" shock that has High and Low speed compression damping adj. Rebound damping adj, A hydro bump stop setting and a rebound delay adjustment ( a really cool idea for helping advanced trials techniques) . I hope that we will see those upgrades on the 2012 raga bike.
Sounds neat! And expensive..... I have seen the weight chart for the spring, and was relieved to see that it validated the spring change I made for my weight on my "old" 300 with the Ohlins shock. My understanding of the new bike (not quite here yet), a 300 "Race" is that it has only one dampening adjustment.

I have not, however, seen the fork info can you point me at it?

I will have to get in touch with Stu, is he an email guy or strictly a telephone type? I was quoted $190.00 for a spring, perhaps he has a better source.

Thanks for the info, Jon
Jonny042 is offline   Reply With Quote