View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 03:30 PM   #81
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-shocker View Post
In actual fact extremely good throttle control is far more important on larger capacity bikes than smaller. This is the main reason less able riders who are overbiked with larger machines than they really need, do ridiculous modifications like head spacers and slow action throttles!
I post about elevation and you talk about throttle control. In my chair as I type I`m more tha 2000Ft higher than Ben Nevis. A 350 here is almost as strong as a 250 in england. Elevation totally kills a trials bikes power. The first time I met your buddy Adrian we were riding around 8000 ft. He was trying to drop his needle like crazy. He could not believe the power loss. I helped him loose the clip. I was sure glad when I found it in that grass. Elevation, jetting, engine volume, and throttle control are not related subjects. You would probably hate that my son rides my 300 Raga well. He is just 14 and just starting to shine, but I`ll be damned if I make him ride a 125.
You talk about crazy mods on the crap tlr and then laugh at one on a modern bike that works like a dream over the most modified tlr ever made is just insane!!!
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote