View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #17
MODNROD
Perpetual ponderer

Oddometer: 1,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaz View Post
Modnrod- Please explain what part of this I am wrong about, I am always open to learning something new. Also explain how clutch engagement can varie your rpm's at cruising speeds.
No, you're probably right man, and I didn't explain myself properly as well, which never helps.

I got the higher launch revs from the actuation springs, then I got the lower cruise revs from a combination of cam ramp rates, pillow springs AND the addition of the Dr Pulley sliders.

The J.Costa I know on the Tmax works to reduce cruise revs, probably as you have said due to the ramp rates on the variator. As the Tmax doesn't have an easy way to adjust launch/cruise revs (I don't consider modifying clutch pressure plate weights to vary lock-up an easy mod), you would have to say the J.Costa has the best of both worlds it would seem out of bolt-on bits (but I don't know coz I haven't ridden one yet, just off reports).

Sorry Cortez, I would love to fly over there and donate my time and spanners to the cause! Perhaps we could find an understanding benefactor who could help us conduct physics experiments (purely for scientific research purposes)on your bike.