View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 12:09 AM   #8268
wakewop
Hucker

Oddometer: 621
2003 ktm 450 exc. Titled.

SOLD PENDING FUNDS AND PICKUP. SOLD TO JAMES ADAMS.!
He also gets a bonus. Few things I missed..
Brand new stator in box goes with it. Throttle is a G2 throttle cam system with the cams included.

2003 KTM 450 exc. Clean title. I have owned it for 3 years. Here are the details.
Hitchcock did the full suspension for me.. Im 175# and it rides like a dream on trails or street.
bark busters
trail tech vapor computer,
trail tech kickstand and bolt. Sits perfect. No leaning like the stock stand.
Guts comfort seat.
Ktm rear fender bag.
Front tire is dunlop 756. about 20%worn
Rear tire is Maxxis desert IT. Practically new
heavy duty tubes on both tires.
Tires ballanced.
about 10 hours on front sprocket
10 hours on chain
aftermarket front mask and headlights.
15 hours on brake pads.
New brake and clutch fluid.
aprox 25 hours on new top end. Job includes new piston, rings, Kibblewhite intakes, valve adjuster tappets, valve guides, new banjo bolts on oil line, spark plug cap,
valves just checked and are perfect.
Engine ice in radiators.
New water pump seal.
New 1.8 bar radiator cap.
New battery. Still in the box.! battery in the bike is weak. Just purchased the new battery last week.
Custom done radiator fan. 2x the cfm of the ktm fan kit and draws much less power.
Renthal pillowtop grips in great shape.
skidplate
aftermarket fuel screw. MUCH easier to adjust. No tools needed and easy to get to in an instant.
re-routed carb vent lines
Carb was just fully cleaned, serviced, jetted, fully done over by Dave Hopkins (DJH). a.c pump adjusted for squirt duration, squirt strength, and diaphragm replaced. O rings replaced. Custom needle. Transformed the bike.!
Oil and filters changed about every 10 hours with motorex full syn.
rear brake light
left side mirror.
Swingarm bearing replaced last year
Swingarm pivot bearing/heim replaced last year.
Quick pull front axle
rear rotor shark fin protector.

This thing is reliable and runs like mad. Plastics show that its an 03 bike. Bark buster ends are scratched as well as the front. My buddies say it will not win a beauty contest, however it does not look like a p.o.s. I did not replace the cosmetics of the bike because I spent a ton of money making it run perfect and not be a wrenching problem.
I am giving the ADV gang a shot at the bike before I list it on Craigslist on monday. I would love to see it go to a fellow adv person.
A new impulse purchase of another ktm is why I am selling.

Asking $2250.

Best to email me direct at wakewop@comcast.net.
I can check it much easier and reply faster then through the website PM system..
Im located in Westminster off of 100th and sims.

wakewop screwed with this post 04-13-2012 at 02:11 PM
wakewop is offline   Reply With Quote