View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 07:47 PM   #10
lake_harley OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 670
Grainbelt and Worrell...thanks for the info on regular unleaded gas being OK. My octane info came from the Haynes manual that came with the bike, but I didn't get an actual owner's manual. I have to say though, I think unleaded premium smells better when it burns...makes a garage smell downright "racy" when you get ready to leave on a ride.

I look forward to riding the bike more to get a better idea of the wind and what it might feel like after a long day on a tour (providing I get away to do some). I'm not sure if what I noticed was actual wind or buffeting. I'll have to check it out but I think I'd get really tired of whatever it was on a long day....then again maybe I'll toughen up and/or get used to it. Anyway, I'm not trying to make a Goldwing out of it..... I have one of those already.

I stopped at the local Yamaha dealership today, just for grins. They showed a tour windscreen in a old accessory catalog, but a quick check had it listed as discontinued. I didn't even bother to see if they still had any chin fairings left over that the catalog listed at $299. I think one would look cool on the bike, but ouch!

Is there a on-going FZ6 thread here? I used the search on the forum but didn't find anything. If someone knows of one, please post a link to it.

Thanks

Lynn
lake_harley is online now   Reply With Quote