View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #44
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjracer View Post
Ya, He's offering custom Rekluse Z-starts for these. Can't wait for the EXP update and see if STOCK fits. Getting all the little odds and ends sorted for the bike build-up when it arrives.
I got the EXP installed and running this weekend. It fits fine, but I did not want to use the clutch lever, so I used a threaded adjuster stud like those on the previous Z-start versions. I have the rear hand brake and am just used to not using a clutch lever at all. The recommended set up is to have a little drag at idle, not a problem if you have a lever, but it means it is hard for me to get neutral. I don't mind because I was used to that when my CRF had slightly warped plates. Just remember to kick it into neutral before stoping or turn it off and use the E-start.

The position of the clutch cable holder, the vent hoses, and front drive chain on the left make adjusting the little stud a real bear!?! But I got it and the EXP seems to work fine, feels about like a Z-start, but I really haven't ridden it much yet. It sure is an easy install otherwise compared to the Z-start, just remove a few clutch plates and reassemble with different springs! No checking clearance or Loctiting those little Torx screws?!?

SVN/XRR/XC-W
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote