View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 07:55 PM   #13
lake_harley OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 678
I guess there's not a dedicated, on-going, "Official FZ6" thread, and now I wish I would have started this one with that heading. Any way of changing the heading?

Now that I've ridden my '04 FZ6 a little more I am growing accustomed to the wind. I can't say I really notice any particular turbulence, especially none that causes any helmet "bobble-head" problems. The wind noise is rather high (Nolan flip-up helmet), and I don't really like wearing earplugs, but I may try some again. Just to reduce the wind strain for the touring side of things I may buy a Laminar Lip though, or build something similar, to just get more overall protection and lessen the wind for comfort.

I have noticed the RPM surges a bit at idle. Bike performs beautifully otherwise and I thought at first it was just cold idle richening, but noticed it does it when the engine is warm too. Throttle bodies out of sync maybe?

I'm really liking this bike! All the power I want, but with the FZ6's more upright riding position it doesn't seem to tempt me to twist my right wrist quite as much as my GSX-R600 or 748 Ducati always did.

Lynn
lake_harley is offline   Reply With Quote