View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #42
moggi1964
Tiger Keeper

Oddometer: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsotsie View Post
Not so. Arai's Warranty start with their date of manufacture - the one on the chin strap. As soon as you register the new helmet for warranty with them it will indicate that. I bought a new helmet last year on a sale, registered it and it came up with the shortened warranty. I returned the helmet to the store and bought a newer model.

My previous Arai was 7 years- and 100,000 miles and the chin strap was worn so respecting the universal guidence of replace after 5 years- that is what I did. I understand their reasoning ito of chemistry and my head is worth more than to argue with it.
You are mistaken on the warranty; here is the text from my registration of the Signet Q (it didn't paste too well but the warranty period is in the top right corner. Compare that to the purchase date and the manufacture date on the left. I wonder if your previous one was already registered by an owner then returned because it didn't fit right and then sat in stock for a while? Or maybe policies have changed since that time?

Signet-Q

Limited Warranty Expires: 4/1/2017
Color/Graphics: Laurel
Size: Medium
Snell Number:
Purchased Date: 4/1/2012
Manufactured Date: 11/30/2011
Dealer/Company where purchased: Revzilla PA

Triumph Explorer
moggi1964 is offline   Reply With Quote