View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 06:23 AM   #3002
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceRph View Post
Ordered an Duc enduro seat. I hope it's not too tall.
Got the new seat & rode it about 75 miles on Monday. Much better in terms of rider space. I can put my toes on the pegs. The new seat is pretty firm, but the back part is nice and wide. It's a lot easier to move around on, so sliding forward for turns is not a problem. The Rocky seat's shape tends to hold you in one place.

I was able to flat foot the bike w/ my knees bent on the Rocky seat. The new seat is not too high; I can put both feet firmly on the ground. I have a 33" inseam.

If you ride up close to the tank for more than a few minutes w/ the enduro seat, you get the same numbness as you do w/ a bicycle seat that has the nose above level. Sliding back on the flat portion or standing on the pegs for a few minutes returns your nerve endings to normal.

All-in-all, an improvement over the Rocky.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote