View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 08:12 PM   #3006
Tillerman
DucDude

Oddometer: 30
MTS 1200 seat alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceRph View Post
Got the new seat & rode it about 75 miles on Monday. Much better in terms of rider space. I can put my toes on the pegs. The new seat is pretty firm, but the back part is nice and wide. It's a lot easier to move around on, so sliding forward for turns is not a problem. The Rocky seat's shape tends to hold you in one place...

If you ride up close to the tank for more than a few minutes w/ the enduro seat, you get the same numbness as you do w/ a bicycle seat that has the nose above level. Sliding back on the flat portion or standing on the pegs for a few minutes returns your nerve endings to normal...
I get tailbone pain after a few hours on the Multistrada which first reminded me of this 2010 MTS review
"...Rider accommodations are generous in the vertical dimension, (but) it becomes clear that tall riders may wish for more wriggle room between the stepped seat and that tapered-steel handlebar. The ensuing riding position focuses body weight on a point directly below your tailbone..."

I feel its the vertical riding position (taken here) that causes my pain on the MTS since I didn't have it on my Yamaha FJR1300:

The 9 forward leaning angle and the extra bit of room to slide backwards on the FJR seem to make it a lot easier on the coccyx...

Anyone know of an aftermarket seat for the MTS1200 that extends to the rear and replaces both rider and pillion seat?

Tillerman screwed with this post 04-20-2012 at 08:36 PM Reason: typo
Tillerman is offline   Reply With Quote