View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 04:29 AM   #23
Roark
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Newbie reporting in! I got my bike license recently and I've decided to get an FZ6 as my first bike, as I rode one as my school bike and it seems a good fit and a fine compromise in my situation with its easy handling, decent power, reliability and suitability for a bit of light touring as well as daily commutes. It's also cheaper to buy than a Z750 or a later, fuel-injected CB600F Hornet and there are many 10.000-25.000 km examples to choose from on the market.

My price range (~5000 euros - bikes are expensive here) encompasses bikes both before and after the -07 "facelift" (S2 models post-07). Are the differences (brakes, swingarm, styling etc.) notable enough to warrant a 10-20% price gap between similar-mileage 06 and 07 bikes?
The 40.000 km service is an expensive one (500+ euros), but before that it should be pretty easy on the wallet? Are there any general or year-specific things that go wrong that I should be on the lookout for? Dealerships have a law-mandated 6 month warranty on used bikes here, but if I save a grand or a half buying from a private seller, how likely is it to come back and bite me in the ass?
Anything else I should know?
Roark is offline   Reply With Quote