View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #65
SS in Vzla.
Totally Normal? I'm not!

Oddometer: 1,149
More info from this thread:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770001

This was posted yesterday... Either the ferry actually started and is all booked out, or they just say it's booked and have "tentatively" postponed the maiden voyage for June 4th...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorLaTierra View Post
So the company that will run the new ferry between Panama and Colombia says they will be up and running May 10. Unfortunately they have no website with up to date information, just a bunch of ads in all the newspapers here. My only option was to drive to Panama City and go to the office. A very pretty girl sat down with me and gave me all the details.

They are booked until June 4th.

With a bike it costs around 350 plus taxes for the bike which they are still working out, could be another 200 bucks she said. So I am stuck looking for a sailboat last minute since I didnt arrange anything else.

The Hostel here, Lunas Castle advertises parking on thier website but they have none. My bike is parked on the street but I think it will be fine. The ferry will be running a few times a week though, I think in a few months they will have everything worked out but for now its not the dream come true I had hoped for.

I had a blast crossing Central America and I will post some pics today or tomorrow.

If you are curious about the Ferry, and dont live here in Panama City, try emailing them at victor@panaferry.com