View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #88
DrKayak
Retro Rider

Oddometer: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by singletrackmind707 View Post
I am in the exact same place the creator of this thread was we he started it last year. I've been doing reading, checking out the local club, etc. Surfing craigslist for anything "TRIALS" and found a few deals withing my price range. But was wondering if anybody on here has any other links they could provide for finding a bike in the 2k - 3k price range.

http://www.searchtempest.com/ Is a good tool for searching a large area on craisgslist. Around my area used trials bikes don't show up much and the great deals are gone in hours. I missed 4 bikes before I found my bike with a wanted add I ran on craigslist for a few months. All 3 calls I got on the wanted add were guys that just had the bike sitting in the garage and did not have plans to sell till they saw the add.

Be sure to search by brand name too. Beta, Sherco ect... I missed a KILLER deal on a "Sherco dirt bike". The guy did not even know it was a trials bike. Found it in a storage unit. $600.

I watch E-bay too but have yet to see a great deal and buying unseen and shipping costs keep me from considering a long distance buy.
04 FZ1

DrKayak screwed with this post 04-26-2012 at 03:32 PM
DrKayak is offline   Reply With Quote