View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #55
laser17
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Boston,Massachusetts
Oddometer: 670
The Equivalent K for 2 springs connected in Parallel (like a fork) is:

Keq=K1+k2

So if you have a .3 K spring in each leg - you have a .6k total.

If you bought 10% stiffer springs - you still have a 10% stiffer total - not 20%
(.33k+.33k)=.66k

Likewise, use only one and you have a 5% stiffer total.
laser17 is offline   Reply With Quote