View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #11175
Gnarly Adventurer
@dreamer's Avatar
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Pattaya, Thailand
Oddometer: 142
AT Greg, I did mine when I bought my RD04 and Jim Davis has the set up that you need for worry free riding and at a fair price. I got my mosfet R/R form a CBR600RR year 07-10, got it off eBay, it will bolt right up to the same holes as the original. While I was ordering the R/R kit from Jim I also ordered about 20 to 25 of his waterproof electrical connectors so that I could replace all of the original connectors mainly for the reliability as will as the waterproofing because breaking down in the middle of nowhere Thailand was something I didn't want to do. I still need to get a count of the remaining connectors to complete the job but I strongly recommend you do the same, most of the original connectors were still good but there were a few that were suspect, so I'm glad I did it.

All my AT brothers in the states, the family and I are thinking about coming back to the states and leaving an extremely important part of the family here would just kill me. Now I know that there has been some talk here in the past about AT's being brought to the states but I was wondering if there was any first hand knowledge/experience. I would ideally like to go back to Oregon but Calif might also be an option. How would the bike have to come in, would it have to come in, in pieces? Anyone have a family member of friend at the DMV that needs anything like a new car or house? I'm sure that there has to be a fairly easy/reasonable way to do it but I have no idea and leaving it here just isn't anything I want to do.

Thanks for any help or advice also AT Greg hope I helped.

@dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote