View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 02:03 AM   #21
val. h.
On the wrong planet

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakar Couple View Post
Ya, the original chassis is less than stellar on the Velorex, but I've upgraded the axle to a hardened 17mm, the use of the klr rear wheel left the 17 mm the maximum size i could accomidate due to the skinny little bearing on the cush side of the hub. As for the extra weight, you can accomidate allot of extra if the intended passenger is 37 lbs, even the roll cage and lg are together it still comes about a 100 lbs under the design weight for the original equipment. Leaves lots of room for a bag of groceries. The chassis as it sits was totaly unacceptable and has been modified and reinforced.

Speaking of variety parts and 15 mm axles, I've got two 15 mm axles the old wheel, the old tire, enough Velorex mounts to outfit 2 sidecars, and the fender sitting in a box. First local to come up with a reasonable take it off your hands number its gone.

Glad you're ahead of me there. Thought it worth mentioning though.

Val.

Ay! and the roads need to be bloody good too
val. h. is offline   Reply With Quote