View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 07:07 AM   #105
helotaxi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkbox View Post
Does the madstad perform for you as they claim? The format of their site makes me think it's scammy.
Cheap website simply because they probably aren't making a lot on them and don't want to eat all their profits on a flashy site. I'm usually more leery of a glitzy site personally.

I have a few hundred miles on my Madstad at this point and it's a tossup for me if it or the Corbin seat was the best money I've ever spent on a bike part/accessory. It isn't "pretty" but it is effective, so I really don't care.

I bought the tallest option that they make (22"). I'm 6'3" with a 34" inseam. I installed the adjustment brackets in the low position and have the screen sitting pretty low as well. I definitely could have gotten away with the 20" screen but I wanted to be sure. The shield moves a bit when you get a x-wind gust or are stuck in another vehicle's wake or hit a big bump, but not as badly as the stock screen. The wind protection is fantastic. Makes a nice calm bubble of air. All helmet buffeting is gone. I can also unzip the jacket a good bit and not have it flap all over and beat me up. Huge fatigue saver in that regard.

My only complaint is that it does such a good job of killing the wind noise that the howl from the Karoos at speed is that much worse. I'm headed up to the Smokies next month and the Battle Wings are going back on since the trip will be entirely road.
helotaxi is offline   Reply With Quote