View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 05:44 AM   #17592
trackhead
Utard Wankster

Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
Check out what i found in my BRP oil tonight!

nice oil farkle heh?

bike runs great. I'm thinking that it's to hold the piston pin in place. looks about like that part. did the rings fall of 2010 and the bike doesn't burn oil, so i don't think the piston pin has slid out of place to eat the cylinder.

when the new rings went in it was not I that place the piston pin holder ring, but rather ninja mechanics so it may be something else, but that's the only part that comes to mind having done xr top ends only three times.

thotz? I'm thinking the big trip next weekend might be better to do on the xr400 (for sale, in theory) since i don't have an evening to tear the BRP down by then. The 650 runs like a champ, so i'd hate to leave it. Would the pin slip and eat the cylinder? Anyone have time to rebuild it before the weekend trading for organic farm eggs and the opportunity to walk my gorgeous german shephard???
Who cares. You rode that bike 2,000 miles with the cam chain slapping against the side of the engine. It's like Pilo's KTM 950, rode the thing 200 miles with a bearing removed from the clutch. Plus, with the frequency that you change the oil, that thing has probably been sitting there for the past 1000+ miles;)

trackhead screwed with this post 05-01-2012 at 06:43 AM
trackhead is offline   Reply With Quote