View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 07:20 AM   #59
laser17
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 646
I agree - the 10% fork springs feel alot stiffer than 10%. - Im not sure why. My 20% rear spring felt like a leaf spring from a dump truck as well (at 1st). I can assure you though, on paper, when you increase 1/2 of the spring force by 10% (one spring), the total spring force goes up by 5%. Throw that out the window if the guy making the springs and the guy selling them are on different pages. Thats probably yours and Stings point - so I agree with you.

However, You can find the exact difference if you really want. Put a weight on each spring and measure the change in length. A 10% stiffer spring "SHOULD" have a 10% smaller change in length.

Speaking of springs - did you install your new spring on the Reiger? One of our best riders here just swapped the Sachs shock on his Beta for a Reiger and he says its the best $1100 bucks he's ever spent. (its the one with H/L comp and rebound adj) He was letting others try his bike with a warning that they should decline unless there ready to spend $1100. Im glad he likes it some much as he's a great rider as well as a super nice guy who helps alot of riders here improve there skills.

laser17 screwed with this post 05-01-2012 at 12:22 PM
laser17 is offline   Reply With Quote