View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #11208
Squily
Squily

Oddometer: 1,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by farcall View Post
The rear tanks appeal, but I'm guessing they'll mess around with the mounting of whichever pannier racks I choose. Plus, they cost more than the TT tank! Anyway, I lean towards balancing the weight of extra fuel capacity up front against the luggage/water weight over the back wheel.

We've got a really good allu welder here in Esperance. He's been assisting me in making water-evaporation tanks for work. I've been thinking of asking Reed to make me some allu tanks that will replace the side covers. I know what you're saying about the frames and I'm in the same boat so will be working around that. It wain't going to be pretty, but it'll work.

I'm trying to streamline the AT as was too wide for bush work in the past. And as you probably know, these coastal tracks of ours are murderous and narrow. I use the XR600 at teh moment with a 20 litre tank, but it's too small for me.

But she's the perfect long distance traveller and you won;t be sorry. Although a bit lacking in the power-delivery department in standard form,

Squily
Squily is online now   Reply With Quote