View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 10:45 PM   #11209
Noprogram
High Plains Drifter

Oddometer: 83
After a long search I finally found an AT and thought I'd post of few pics. They don't come up for sale much over here so when I found a clean low mileage, 97 last year I snapped it up. Since I have a couple of XR600/650 based adventure setups I'd been looking for a something that would be more comfortable with a larger load, reasonable range and road manners as well as capable of doing the back roads of the South Island. I considered other bikes but grew up with Hondas and always liked the look of the XRV even though it's quite an old bike now and heard good stories about them.

The bike came with an Arrows stainless exhaust which has a nice low note to it as well as the original which weighs a ton. Fitted it out with Touratech engine bars, Barkbusters, Heidenau Adventure Scouts, Scottoiler, Ram mount for the GPS and a 3BR USB socket. Threw in a spare fuel pump on board just in case. Tried fitting some ProTaper fat bars with risers but had some clearance issues with the air filter cover and the bend I used was to low. -Any recommendations?

Some pics of a trip through the Rainbow and Molesworth station done over Easter with full camping set up and food for a few days. Beautiful riding and she handled well on the gravel with a GL Great Basin and the smaller Wolfman expedition bag on the tank.

"If you're going to be stupid you better be tough"

Noprogram is offline   Reply With Quote