View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #11220
Noprogram
High Plains Drifter

Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by farcall View Post
Australia... but only if you venture off the major highways and secondary roads. You can ride anywhere in the world never be further than 23 litres from the next fuel stop... if you plan your ride around a 23 litre range . But not everyone does that.

Link to one of my desert rides... I carried 55 litres for this 800+kms loop. http://drriders.com/topic874.html

Stuffed if I know what I'll be "showing off" when I fit one those "elephant tanks" to my AT.
Hi Farcall, great pictures! Is the AT going to become the weapon of choice once you get the fuel range up or are you going to keep the DR for bush riding? I've got some Australian touring planned for July but not sure if I should bring the AT and just stick to the main routes or bring a XR or DR for increased versatility? -DR with the Safari tank obviously a popular choice for the outback. Any feedback on your own preferences? Thanks for sharing the amazing photos also Squily. Got an amazing country over there.

Sascha: great photo's on the web (not bad country through the Molesworth eh!?) and good luck with RTW....awesome!

"If you're going to be stupid you better be tough"

Noprogram screwed with this post 05-07-2012 at 04:25 PM
Noprogram is offline   Reply With Quote