View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #30
TCB Rider
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Intro

Hi, I'm Randy, Team TCB (Rider), Baja 1000 For the Wounded. www.RaceForTheWounded.com I live in Colorado Springs, CO and do most of my riding in the mountains on the Cpt. Jacks trail system, with my XR 650R. I was up there last week and couldnít make it to the top because of a snow drift; next time I'll bring a Shovel.

A couple months ago, Scott (Rider), Team TCB (Taking Care of Business), sent me a message, asking if I would be interested in racing the Baja 1000, to raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project. I didnít hesitate to say yes, but I didnít realize how much effort that it was going to take; not just for putting together the resources to complete the race, but to raise $50,000!
Scott, Brett (Riders) and I have worked together in the Middle East, protecting government personnel. 3 years out of the past 6, I have spent in the Middle East and I have missed anniversaries, birthdays, weddings and all major holidays. We have all made sacrifices and have seen firsthand, other veterans that have not been as lucky as us, to make it home in one piece; this is why weíre doing it.
Those of you ADV Riders in the Colorado Springs vicinity, on Tuesday night, 6/19/2012, Bristol Brewing Company is hosting a fund raiser for Wounded Warrior Project and they are going to donate $1 for every beer sold that night. In addition, the GM at Bristolís is going to bartend and he's going is going to donate his tips. Please join us.
Randy
Baja 1000 (Rider)
RaceForTheWounded.com
Randy@RaceForTheWounded.com
Cell: 719-310-2873

TCB Rider screwed with this post 05-13-2012 at 12:53 PM Reason: spelling & punctuatin
TCB Rider is offline   Reply With Quote