View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 01:05 AM   #143
V Saarela OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 354
Leaves Boden just before three pm. A long night ahead for me. Weatherman has promised rain in the Sundsvall area, so I am confident that what their promises is usually the opposite.
Tailwind and good speed. Normally, with careful driving Innovans makes with 3.7 litre tank about 170 kilometres. Now I have to give the throttle a little bit more and find that the gas is enough for around 130 kilometres. Stopping only to refuel, alternately from fivelitrescan and every time I stop at a gasstation I fill up both can and tank.

After Örnskoldsvik comes the rain and I find that the weathermen are not always wrong anyway. In Sundsvall, I take an orderly break, more than half an hour. Fill up both the can and tank, then roll over to the adjacent Max hamburger. The time has now become ten at late evening, so I´ve done a good work with the kilometres so far.

Continuing south. The darkness has come and the rain just will accelerate. The lights on Innovan is with its 35 watts not much to run with. Main beam on and I see at least reflex on the side posts and the white road markings on the road. The problem is when there are cars meeting. Rain and lights on my face makes me lose all orientation where I am. No fun with it when you know that wire fences nearly licks the leg.

Innovan just filled up again. The weather is now okay and tail wind is on my side, means that everything is moving really well.

The time has now come to be about ten pm. Darkness falls and it's time to fill up both can and tank and then roll over to the Max hamburger on the back.

......to be continue