View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 07:33 AM   #13
GoThere@50
I'm Going

Oddometer: 96
Laugh Looking better..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkniegge View Post
Boy if those are "renderings" they are damn good ones... sure hope they can come through with those bikes... Very clever.... A long way from the bikes of the 70's
BlueStrada
Ossa
Pioneer
Plonker
Stiletto
I was thinking the same thing. Similar in purpose to a TL Honda or Kawasaki Sherpa but much lighter, better suspension, cutting edge chassis and the simplicity of a two stroke with freedom from valve, cam and timing chain issues. Based on (actually a version of the TR280i) so the capabilities that only a trials bike can offer should remain in tact. Add the possibility of it being road legal, and an additional 5.6 lit. / 1.47 gal. fuel capacity and you get the convenience of being able to ride between areas or anywhere else for that matter. Not a bad compromise for an additional weight penalty of 7 kg. / 15.4 lbs. over the TR280i, for a total package of only 74 kg. / 163 lb. "advertised weight". I've got to applaud OSSA's effort here. It seems they may have produced the ultimate flyweight dual sport. The 32 inch saddle height may also have some appeal. KnowFear - please keep us appraised of your purchasing experience.