Thread: My ADVersys
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #22
kajj OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Ride reports and mods update

Thought I should post some pics from some adventures with the ADVerys.

For about a month ago I did find a muddy gravel road, and also a small forest road covered with hard packed snow.

I am not that experienced in riding such a heavy bike in these conditions. And I must say, when I got to the mud (and the snow) I could really feel the weight of the bike.

Riding on the snow covered forest road was really interesting and very fun

You really need to keep your speed up and let the bike go where it wants.

Well, I tried the forest road again.

Thought that if I had a little more speed I should be able to get further before I get stuck again.

But more speed also meant more wheel spin and the rear wheel was all over the place until she got sleepy and decided to take a napp.

No harm done this time (The OEM handlebars was allready bent from a previus little chrash). The Zeta handguards did their job and absorbed the impact.

A friend of mine finally bought a bike after some time searching for one.
And the day after the purchase it was time to try here out.
So we left quite early that morning in search for some fun gravelroads.
It was so fun to ride that day. So there where not mouch time to take pictures. But I`ll manage to get a few.

Finally got the Rox risers this friday so that I could mount the new handlebars (Renthal fatbar). Wow what a difference. The standing position improved dramatically.

Some pictures from this saturday when we actually did some real offroad.
I must say, the new tires works really well. There was a lot of mud and I even got some scratches on the gravel guard when riding through some narrow puddles.

First obstacle

The conditions soon got worse, or better depending on how you look at it

we decided to turn around

I did notice the need for a gravel guard for the radiator as a rock had deformed a few cooling fins.
So I fabricated one from a cheep trashcan and some plastic "something" (a plastic grid that you put under the tires of the car when you get stuck in the winter).

It turned out pretty good.

Will post some more updates as soon I get the R1 shock mounted.
kajj is offline   Reply With Quote