View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #15
Misti Hurst
Racer. Writer. Coach

Oddometer: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauntless View Post
I am going to take the one day course at the California Superbike School. I have never been on a track before but I have been riding street bikes for 15 years. Should I use their BMW S1000RRs or bring my own bike. I currently have an R1200R but I have been thinking about buying a Ninja 250.
I'm a coach with the school and have been for the past 8 years. I'd say do whatever you are most comfortable with :) It is easier to ride the school bikes as you don't have to worry about transporting it to the track, gas, maintenance, and fixing it if you crash. The S1000RR's are amazing and fun to ride and you are only liable up to a certain amount (ask the office exactly what that is) so if you crash and only do $100 worth of damage then that is all you pay.

The Ninja 250 would be absolutely fine to ride at the school, we have students on all manner of bikes and sometimes the slowest ones are the ones on the "fastest" bikes.

Enjoy and have FUN whatever bike you choose and if you have any more questions about the school then just let me know and I'd be happy to answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Curvin View Post
Go for it. You'll be laughing in your helmet when you go around the outside of the guy on the S1000RR that left his 250 at home.
Hehehehehe, soooo true!!

"leap and the net will appear!"
Misti Hurst is offline   Reply With Quote