View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 12:03 AM   #1
bigalsmith101 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 890
1990 CB125tt (TWO)

Check it out!

I recently came into a pair of 1990 CB125TT's. Twin cylinder, 125cc 4 stroke nut cases.

They were originally used as training bikes, and have since fallen into a bit of a state of disrepair.

Both run well, but had no turn signals when I received them (from their days as training bikes).

A list of things to do include, fork dust seals, turn signals, a new chain/sprocket set for one of them. An idle screw for one. and a few other odds and ends.

However, while ONE will maintain it's stock appearance (the GF loves to ride it), the OTHER will not, and for this, I need suggestions!

Do I cafe one? Or do I adventurize it? I'm leaning more towards the adventurization of one of the bikes.

A set of ideas includes:
  • MX Woods High Bars
  • Trailtech computer to replace the ghetto, busted, original gauge cluster
  • Dirt Tires (Likely Shinko 244's)
  • Custom Seat (flat profile, rather than a stepped up passenger section)
  • 2 Model 30 (10w each), ADVmonster LED lights to replace the stock sealed beam headlight (Low beam burned out)
  • Hand guards of the cheap variety (Acerbis/Moose/etc)
  • Maybe some frame sliders (Mounted at rear passenger pegs, front axle.
I've already been scraping the pegs on one of these bad boys, and have the urge to "race" these awesome scoots in a local parking lot with a friend of mine. Nothing outrageous, just 25mph mini moto racing.

Oh, and I work at a motorcycle dealership, and get parts at cost, so keep that in mind.

What do you guys think!

--Alex
bigalsmith101 is offline   Reply With Quote