View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #17
caponerd OP
Kickstart Enthusiast

Oddometer: 1,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySniper View Post
The bike is close to looking really good. The biggest thing that catches my eye and I think I would change is around the headlight/upper fork/upper triple. It's solid red and lacks definition (in the pics anyway). A little change to grey or black on something in that area might be the ticket.

Nice bike though! I kinda' hate to say I'd change anything on it, It looks like you've put some work into it.
Can't change that. It's part of the concept. I wanted to adapt a Suzuki fork to the most notable feature of the modern Royal Enfields; the cast aluminum "casquette" headlamp/fork crown.
I plan to post a report on it in "some assembly required".
That part was made in India about 1997, and fits right onto a 1966 Royal Enfield. It's as good as the original English made parts, is brand new, and cost me less than $200.
Wait until I get the actual headlamp bezel and lens in it. That will add definition to it.

Hey, I just realized...
Been there, done that.
This is a picture of the same bike back in the late 1980's.

Has the correct Interceptor cast aluminum instrument cluster/fork crown, rear fender and subframe wrong, front fender stays are homemade out of 3/4 inch strap iron.
Finding parts for these wasn't easy in those days.

caponerd screwed with this post 05-16-2012 at 06:25 PM
caponerd is offline   Reply With Quote