View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #478
BC Brian OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
Day 82 May 18 112 kms Jacksonville Tx to “The Rally in the Crater” Mt Enterprise T

I go to Motorcycle Rallies in BC quite regularly, and have been attending the Salmon Arm Summer Stomp every year for over 20 years, but had never been to one in the States. I had looked on line for anything going on in the area I was travelling in, and there was 2, this one and one further north, a bit out of my way. I found the place on the map, and headed out.

I found the place no problem, pulled in and bought my ticket. I got lots of comments at the gate about my Buell and how it was set up, and how I was a long ways from British Columbia, and got all the normal “Dijnt ya know ya’ll ain’t sposed to go to Mexico” comments when I told them where I had been.

I found a campsite a bit away from all the action, got set up, and headed out for a look around. Talked to lots of people in the typical “Friendly Texas” kind of way, and found my way around the HUGE party site.

Who says there is no free health care in the Texas.

Lots of good eats.

I checked out the bike games. It was the first motorcycle rodeo I had ever seen that included quads and, get this, golf carts.

I have pics of the golf carts, but, well, they aren’t (ahem) really ADVrider, or work friendly. Really. I am not joking. The rally is an “Adults Only” events and there was lots of interesting stuff going on. I had to work hard to find photos that I could post J

Once I have sorted all those photos, I will post a link………………with a warning J

But there were lots of young ladies with clothes on hanging around

Of course there was the Barrel race

There was another competition called “Honey I’m home” The game is timed, and you lay on the bed, with a young lady (supplied by the organizers) , then someone hollers “Honey I am home” and you have to jump up, grab your pants, jump through the window, start your bike ( or golf cart, go figure) and ride off. It’s a great game, and I actually have a trophy at home from a similar game.

There were lots of interesting events all weekend

The bands started early

And most of them were pretty good. I wandered around most of the night watching the bands, visiting and talking with people.

This lady was in the”Back 40” and man, could she sing. Lots of bluesy rock, and she could really sing Janice Joplin (I don’t really care for Janice’s voice, but really liked how this lady sang her songs)
But even with all the going ons around the place, you were still in the bible belt. After her set, she thanked Jesus, and told everybody to drink to Jesus ( I drank to Jesus) and hollered out His name like He was a rock star.

It was pretty cool.

Turns out there were 2 stages for the bands, 1 in the “Crater” and one in the “Back 40” (the grounds were 150 acres) Seems the main stage shut down relatively early, and the back 40 stage went all night. That stage was right near the “quiet” area I set up my tent J
BC Brian is offline   Reply With Quote