View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #42
Matt 82 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by ullukk View Post
Great thread this mate, excellent photo's. I love these scottish ride reports on here, the likes of yourself and kamchat really get me chomping at the bit to get up north, been visiting scotland at least once or twice a year for the last 20 years or so and the place just grows and grows on me with every visit, all been well got a week planned for late june/ early july time, last time up in bonnie scotland was last august so i'm ready for it to say the least!!
Nice! Hope you get good weather. It's been so bizarre this year. Seems we've good a week of sunshine ahead though so it's all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerBoy View Post
Great pics & commentary. Tourism Scotland should have you on a retainer. Many of your pics remind me of the Cabot Trail and the fishing villages of Nova Scotia.
Just had a look online. Yeah very similar in places. I'll hopefully get more photos of fishing villages when I head off to the islands later in the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX View Post
I have been to Scotland 7-8 times but never on a bike. Your report has me wanting to go there soon. Awesome Country. You need to ride to the Isle of Skye and the road to Applecross is a must do. You had great weather. But anyday in Scotland is a good day to me...
Skye and Applecross are on my list. They're too far away for a day's riding though so I'll do them as part of a longer trip. As for touring Scotland by bike; I couldn't it recommend enough. I've seen plenty of the country by car and it's nowhere near the same.

My Flickr
Matt 82 is offline   Reply With Quote