View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 09:03 PM   #479
BC Brian OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 572
Day 83 May 19 0 kms “The Rally in the Crater” Mt Enterprise Tx

After a relatively restful sleep, I headed down to the “crater” for a bite to eat and to pick up a t-shirt.
I wandered around for a while, then headed back to check out the bike show.

I saw this bike (not entered in the show) on the way there.

Then on to the bike show

After checking out the bike show, I went over to the slip and slide competition. No one I talked to knew how it was judged, but it sure looked like a lot of fun.(clothing optional, see link at the end of this post)

I headed back to my camp for a much needed nap, and on the way, met a couple of people with their 4 legged friends.

There were more bike games, so I went to check them out.

In this game the women had to throw a water balloon over the rail and catch it (see more photos at the link at the end of this post)

Back by popular demand, was more barrel racing

In this game, women threw a motorcycle carburetor, and were judged on distance.

The rules included an extra foot of distance was added for any woman competing topless. (again, check out the link)

Next was the body paint competition. After that they threw out t-shirts, but, again, only to women who were topless. There was lots of pushing and shoving for the shirts J

Later on I ran into some people I had been visiting with the night before. They grabbed a lawn chair and invited me to sit down. There is an interesting…..custom?...... here in that at biker rallies, they have kind of a parade route, where people drive laps on their bikes, quads, golf carts, motorized bar stools or whatever, many of them pulling trailers with seats and sometimes with stripper poles attached. My new friends had a perfect spot for viewing this parade, so we sat there, talking bikes and watching the parade, talking to the paraders and having a good time. There are some parade pictures, but it was with my crappy camera, and the operator had consumed more than his share of beverages J
My new friends where what you might call “old school” bikers, and we discussed the differences between rallies in Texas and ones I had been to in Canada, how they had changed over the last 25 or so years, and we all agreed that we didn’t really get the whole “golf cart at a motorcycle rally” thing.

Later on was the wet t-shirt contest and that was a lot of fun. I had given up on taking pictures by that time, but you can believe me when I say it got pretty wild J

I stayed up past my bedtime watching the bands and visiting with interesting people in various stages of undress.

Click here for the “over 21” pictures.
BC Brian is offline   Reply With Quote