Thread: Bicycle thread
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 07:23 AM   #24029
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 22,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfriar View Post
I went out Saturday to try out a new route. It was about 45 miles and that was about twice as far as I've gone this year. It was warmer than I thought it was going to be and I got leg cramps at about 35 miles. Thought I could finish, but had to call the support vehicle (my wife in the Tacoma) to come and get me at around mile 40. Try it again next weekend. I just got my road bike in September and still getting used to longer (for me) rides.
This weekend, a friend supplied me with a concoction that he drank during his racing years. I'm not sure what was in it, but I know from experience that after two hours of hard riding in the Florida heat, I'm usually burned out and ready to go home. This time, I managed to ride hard for five hours in 90F before reaching that point. I'm going to find out where he gets this stuff and take it with me on future rides. I just hope it doesn't contain any illegal substances.
Dizave opined: Why do you care where the premises come from? They are above reproach. For all intents and purposes, you can just make up all your premises, since they can't be proven anyway. That's why we need premises.
Aurelius is offline   Reply With Quote