View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #1792
BlakKrauStudios
I'm cool... right?

Oddometer: 1,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephvman View Post
I've talked to several dealers about the Ducati sport classic models, and they all tell me that the used prices are going crazy on these bikes. A few years ago they were struggling to sell the last of the new ones and were giving some pretty big discounts, and now used ones are selling for more than the last of the new ones did. One of them is buying ever one one he can find, loading them up with all the carbon and billet accessories, and selling them in the $15k range, and they're selling quickly at that.

I think part of it must be the class-action settlement on the fuel tanks, as these models were the most notorious of the bikes that had the problem. Now you can buy a used one and be confident that Ducati will just keep replacing tanks if you have an issue, regardless of warranty.
I've had several offers on my bike, even from my boss at the shop. But my answer is always the same; I know I'll regret it, in time.

As one of my friends put it, "It's the kind of bike your grandkids find in a barn some afternoon, and ask 'Geez grandpa, you used to ride that thing?' And you can just look at them and grin."

2003 BMW F650GS Dakar
BlakKrauStudios is offline   Reply With Quote