I had the guys in the fab shop at work cut out some frame extensions with the plasma cutter. Much nicer than I could have done with the torch. A bit of grinding and it's almost there -
Locate crudely, and weld -
I got so busy fabbing, I did not stop for many pics. Welder crackling, 94 Rock blaring out of the garage, cold Tecate in hand (yes, while welding
), I was in the zone. Welded up the peg bracket, slathered on some Mopar Hemi Orange paint to hide my sins (I'm not the caliber of welder that Grizzzly and Gordy are
), and we have a....left footpeg mount!
I tried to capture the height difference in this shot. I guess I'm not the photographer that NMTrailboss is either...
The peg is much more inline with the rear axle centerline. It should make a big difference in handling -
Just a (as much as OJ gets) beauty shot. Mayhaps its time to replace the seat tape.
I'll tackle the right peg this weekend. Pics (maybe) to follow.